Destino Rio Magazine - CLICK HERE FOR FREE ACCESS to the latest edition of the magazine about Rio de Janeiro
See the main species of terrestrial and aquatic animals from Brazil and the world in the main centers of education, research, and conservation on biodiversity in Rio de Janeiro: BioParque do Rio and AquaRio - Rio Marine Aquarium.
Start your tour towards Quinta da Boa Vista, located in the historical neighborhood of São Cristóvão, the area where the Royal Family lived in the 19th century. Visit the BioParque do Rio - the modern and renovated Rio Zoo - where animals no longer live in cages, but in environments designed for their well-being.
BioParque contains more than 1,000 animals of 140 different species divided into sectors such as Imersão Tropical (Tropical Immersion), Vila dos Répteis (Reptile Village), Horto (Vegetable Garden), Reis da Selva (Kings of the Jungle), Asiáticos (Asians), Sumatra, Savana Africana (African Savanna), Carnívoros (Carnivores), Cerrado (Brazilian Savanna), Ilha dos Primatas (Primate Island), Polinizadores (Pollinators) and Jardim Burle Marx (Burle Marx Garden). The park also has the Fazendinha (Little Farm), an extra activity (separate ticket, sold inside the park) where you can touch, pet and feed farm animals in a supervised way.
Up next, go to AquaRio, the largest marine aquarium in South America. See more than 5,000 animals from 350 different species from around the world in 28 saltwater tanks. You will be able to see up close and even interact with an immense variety of fish, invertebrates, rays, sharks, and corals. Take a photo inside the main tank tunnel, where you will see animals passing over you! An entertainment show about nature for all ages!
The aquarium is in Porto Maravilha area, a port area of the city that has been completely revitalized and where the newest tourist attractions in Rio de Janeiro are located. Then, after the visit you can choose to explore the region on your own or return to your hotel with us.
PICKUP & DROP OFF
- Daily tours leaving in the morning and returning in the afternoon
- Round-trip from hotels in the South Zone (Botafogo, Leme, Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon). Passengers staying in hostels or B&B’ will be informed of the nearest meeting point.
- Please contact the company responsible for the tour to confirm the pickup time.
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees to Museum of Tomorrow and AquaRio - Aquário Marinho do Rio
- Rates for foreign non-Mercosur citizens. Check rates for Brazilians and Mercosur Foreigners.
- Professional guide with live tour commentary in English, Spanish & Portuguese
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in South Zone (Botafogo, Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon) in Rio de Janeiro. No pickup for hostels or B&B’s
- Food and Drinks (available for purchase at the attractions)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance for Fazendinha (Little Farm) at BioParque (extra activity)
- Ages considered for: Adult – 11 years and up; Child – 3-10 years; Infant 0-2 years (not occupying).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- It is necessary to present the voucher and an official personal document for each passenger.
- Minors under 18 years old must present ID or passport and be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary, provided they do not occupy a seat.
- This experience is regular and requires a minimum number of people. If cancelled due to lack of travellers, we will offer a
different date/experience or a full refund.
- Roundtrip transportation available from South Zone (Botafogo, Leme, Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon). Please contact the company responsible for the tour to inform the name of your hotel and confirm your pick-up time.
- We recommend light clothing, comfortable shoes, water, essential documents and a camera.
- The attractions offer structure for wheelchair users.
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- At least 1 calendar day in advance, full refund
- No refunds for cancellations on the day of the tour