Destino Rio Magazine - CLICK HERE FOR FREE ACCESS to the latest edition of the magazine about Rio de Janeiro
- Tours on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Informative, friendly, and professional guide
- Tour by air-conditioned vehicle
- Tickets to the Imperial Museum included
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Immediate confirmation
Take the road to the historic city of Petropolis, founded after an initiative of the emperor Dom Pedro II and known as the "Imperial City". Enjoy the mountain weather and check out the cultural attractions, historic buildings and an outstanding vegetation.
Relax during the one-hour trip from Rio de Janeiro to Petrópolis in the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle. Admire the beautiful mountain view and the panoramic view of Serra dos Órgãos National Park.
Pass by the "Palácio Quitandinha", a former casino-hotel from the 1940’s, and get to know the São Pedro de Alcantara’s Cathedral, a beautiful monument with neo-gothic architecture where D. Pedro II, one of the Brazilian emperors, is buried. Visit the Imperial Museum and learn more about the history of Brazil and of the imperial family through a rich collection of objects, including the crown of D. Pedro II. Observe the Crystal Palace, stage of great dinners and parties. Crossing the avenues of the city, go to the Santos Dumont’s House (optional visit – tickets not included), a museum about the famous Brazilian inventor, considered one of the pioneers of aviation. Then, enjoy your free time as you wish: choose between a walk on Rua Teresa, famous by the big shopping area, or for Bohemia Brewery tour, and explore traditional Brazilian beer. The tour includes a break for lunch (meals not included – restaurants will be suggested).
PICKUP & DROP OFF
- Departures on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings
- Roundtrip transportation from Rio de Janeiro's South Zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória) and Downtown – if you’re not staying at one of the hotels in our pickup list will be informed of the nearest pickup point and time.
- Expected time: between 8:00 and 9:00am (departure) and 7:00pm (return) - subject to change according to the traffic conditions.
- Please contact the company responsible for the tour to confirm the pickup time.
- Roundtrip transportation via air-conditioned vehicle.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance for Imperial Museum - only
- Professional guide with live tour commentary in English, Spanish & Portuguese
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in South Zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória) and Downtown – if you’re not staying at one of the hotels in our pickup list you will be informed of the nearest pickup point and time.
- Drinks and meals (1 hour available for lunch, with restaurant suggestion)
- Entrance for other attractions with optional visit, as Santos Dumont’s House
- Gratuities (optional)
- Ages considered for: Adult – 11 years and up; Child – 5-10 years; Infant 0-4 years (not occupying).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary, provided they do not occupy a seat.
- Roundtrip transportation available from Rio de Janeiro's South Zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória) and Downtown via air-conditioned vehicle.
- Please, inform the name of your hotel to confirm the nearest pickup point and time.
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- At least 1 calendar day in advance, full refund.
- No refunds for cancellations on the day of the tour.