- Tours from Monday to Saturday in the mornings or afternoons - 11am or 4pm
- Entrance to the City of Samba and Grande Rio Samba Factory included
- Costumes to wear and photograph included
- Basic samba class included
- Welcome drink included – caipirinha, juice, or water
- Local specialized tour guide
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English and Portuguese - other languages upon request
- Immediate confirmation - tour does not include transportation from hotels - click here to access Carnaval Experience with roundtrip transportation
Experience the creation of Rio de Janeiro’s Carnival from an insider’s perspective: visit the City of Samba, enter the Grande Rio’s Samba Factory, learn about the history of Samba and Carnival parades, understand the production of floats and costumes, and feel the samba fever with an authentic carnival costume, a samba class, and a Brazilian welcome drink!
You will enter the City of Samba, a specially designed warehouse complex used by the most important samba schools in Rio de Janeiro to build and house the elaborate floats and costumes.
Then go inside the Samba Factory of Grande Rio to see the secrets that are revealed only during the Carnival parade: the production of floats and costumes. You will understand the concepts and work involved during the creation process.
Enter the colorful exhibition room and learn about the history of Samba and Carnival parades with images and videos.
Get into the Carnival mood and choose one of the many authentic Carnival costumes available to dress and photograph. Learn the basic Samba steps with an expert and end your tour tasting the “Samba flavour” with the typical Brazilian cocktail, the caipirinha. Your samba fever will be complete!
The Rio de Janeiro Carnival is one of the major events of the city, attracting people from all areas in Brazil and around the world to experience this passion. It involves the work of thousands of professionals year-round to sustain this party: musicians, choreographers, dancers, artisans, samba masters and producers.
The Carnaval Experience is a socially-based tour program from Pimpolhos of Grande Rio, a youth samba school and an NGO dedicated to promote social interaction and educate through the culture of carnival. The Carnaval Experience is a social activity that contributes to the maintenance of future carnivals.
- Entrance fees to the City of Samba and Grande Rio’s Samba Factory
- Costumes to wear and photograph
- Basic samba class
- Welcome drink – caipirinha, juice, or water
- Professional guide with live tour commentary in English and Portuguese - other languages upon request
- Pickup and drop off from hotels - click here to access Carnaval Experience with roundtrip transportation
- Gratuities (optional)
ACCESS TO THE CITY OF SAMBA
- Two possibilities
- via Binária do Porto, in front of the Cidade do Samba VLT station
- Rua Rivadávia Correia 60 - Gamboa - right after the Brazil Central Station tunnel
- Parking in the location.
- Look for the smaller tent inside the City of Samba complex
considered for: Adult – 11 years and up; Child – 5-10 years; Infant 0-4 years
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary, provided they do not occupy a seat.
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- At least 1 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellations on the day and no shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
QUESTIONSPlease use one of the contacts below in case you have a question or an emergency.
Avenida Rivadávia Correia 60 - Gamboa,Get Directions